The 48 Hours in Kaikoura Amateur Photography Competition
Please read and understand the conditions of entry.
The competition is open to all Amateur Photographers; For the purposes of the 48 Hours photo competition, an amateur photographer is defined as someone who does photography as a hobby or enthusiast and does not derive their main source of income from the selling of photos.
Junior (under 13) Photographers are recognised and special prizes are awarded for these contestants.
48 Hours in Kaikoura prizes are sponsored by;
- Kaikoura New World
- Encounter Kaikoura
- South Pacific Helicopters NZ
- Puhi Peaks, Kaikoura Wilderness
- $10.00 (allows one photo entry)
- $2.00 per extra entry (maximum 8 entries per person)
- All entries are by the online form on this page
Photo Entry Classes
A. Portrait or People
B. Nature/Wildlife (Note: no domestic animals, they should be in open section)
C. Land or Seascape
D. Dark Sky
About the Photos
- Photos must be mounted on stiff card and can be framed but no glass
- Maximum size of mount – 40cm x 30cm
- Minimum size of mount – 25cm x 18cm
- Minimum shortest edge of photo – 12.7cm (5in)
- The exposure of the image must have been taken on either 6th or 7th August 2022
- Each mount must have written on the back – Name of Entrant, Class & Title
Conditions of Entry
- All images licensed to 48 Hours in Kaikoura for advertising, display promotion, publication or other purposes in print, public displays, website, brochures or other uses to support 48 Hours in Kaikoura. A photo credit shall be granted for any such use.
- The judges reserve the right not to select & display all entries. All decisions made by judges are final.
- The competition classes A – E are open to amateur photographers only.
- Images must be received by 4:30pm, Thursday 25th August 2022 at The Mayfair.
- Although the utmost care will be taken the organisers will not accept responsibility for damage incurred to entries & assume necessary permission to exhibit has been acquired.
- Photo entries will not be returned if not picked up by Sept 21st or not accompanied by courier tickets or postal stamps.
- Images may be selected for future projects such as the “48 Hours in Kaikoura” book. Digital image masters to be given with entries. All memory disks & sticks will be returned with photos. PLEASE, only put the photos you enter on the device.
Saturday 6th August & Sunday 7th August 2022
48 Hours Photo Shoot
4:30pm, Thursday 25th August 2022
Last day to present photos to The Mayfair for display and judging
Saturday 27 August 2022
Judging and Award Presentation at The Mayfair 10:15am.
Spot prizes to be won!!!
Saturday 27th August to Saturday 10th September 2022
Photos displayed at The Mayfair
The Mayfair is open to the public from Saturday 27th of August until Saturday 10th September
Tuesday – Sundays Opening hours 10am – 7pm
Images must have been created on Saturday 6th August & Sunday 7th August 2022