The 48 Hours in Kaikoura Pro Competition
Please read and understand the conditions of entry.
The competition is open to all Pro Photographers; For the purposes of the 48 Hours photo competition, a pro photographer is defined as someone who derives some form of income from photography and has produced images for sale and/or has had their images published.
48 Hours in Kaikoura Pro Competition is not judged and no prizes are awarded;
- Entry provides an opportunity for you to showcase your work at the popular 48 Hours in Kaikoura exhibition.
- Your entry fee is used by the 48 Hours in Kaikoura Competition to further develop the competition and to encourage and nurture photography and the portrayal by photographic medium of our wonderful environment.
- $10.00 per mounted image
Entry Forms Available From
- Kaikoura Library, 96 West End, Kaikoura. Phone 03 319 7440
- Download Here (click link to download)
- To pay entry fee online the details are: 48 Hours Non Profit Org BNZ 02-0856-0023816-000. Please add your name as the reference.
Photo Entry Classes
A. Portrait or People
B. Nature/Wildlife (Note: no domestic animals, they should be in open section)
C. Land or Seascape
About the Photos
- Photos must be mounted on stiff card and can be framed but no glass
- Maximum size of mount – 40cm x 30cm
- Minimum size of mount – 25cm x 18cm
- Minimum shortest edge of photo – 12.7cm (5in)
- The exposure of the image must have been taken on either 4th or 5th August 2018
- Each mount must have written on the back – Name of Entrant, Class & Title
- Please write: Full name and details to be displayed with the entry images (note business cards welcome)
Conditions of Entry
- All Professionally taken photos will be displayed separately with the entrant’s marketing/business name displayed.
- Pro images are not eligible for judging and prizes and will only be included in any published material with the entrant’s permission.
- The judges reserve the right not to select & display all entries. All decisions made by judges are final.
- Images must be received by 4:30pm, Thursday 23rd August 2018 at Kaikoura Library, West End, Kaikoura.
- Although utmost care will be taken the organisers will not accept responsibility for damage incurred to entries & assume necessary permission to exhibit has been acquired.
- Images may be selected for future projects such as the “48 Hours in Kaikoura” book/calendar. If a Professionals image is chosen a photo credit shall be granted for any such use.
- Digital image masters to be given with entries. All memory disks & sticks will be returned with photos.
Saturday 4th August & Sunday 5th August 2018
48 Hours Photo Shoot
4:30pm, Thursday 23rd August 2018
Last day to present photos to Kaikoura Library for display and judging
Saturday 25th August 2018
Judging and Award Presentation at Kaikoura Library Award presentation at 1pm
Spot prizes to be won!!!
Saturday 25th August to Saturday 1st September 2018
Photos displayed at Kaikoura Library