The 48 Hours in Kaikoura Amateur Competition
Please read and understand the conditions of entry.
The competition is open to all Amateur Photographers; For the purposes of the 48 Hours photo competition, an amateur photographer is defined as someone who does photography as a hobby or enthusiast and does not derive income by the selling of photos.
Junior (under 13) Photographers are recognised and special prizes are awarded for these contestants.
For Pro Photographers we have an exhibition only (not judged and no prizes) section where you can show off your talents and showcase your work. Please refer to the Pro Competition section for entry details.
48 Hours in Kaikoura prizes are sponsored by;
- Kaikoura New World
- Encounter Kaikoura
- Whale Watch Kaikoura
- Images Abound – Junior (under 13) prize
- $10.00 (allows one photo entry)
- $2.00 per extra entry (maximum 8 entries per person)
Entry Forms Available From
- Kaikoura Museum, 96 West End, Kaikoura. Phone 03 319 7440
- Download Here (click link to download)
Photo Entry Classes
A. Portrait or People
B. Nature/Wildlife (Note: no domestic animals, they should be in open section)
C. Land or Seascape
About the Photos
- Photos must be mounted on stiff card and can be framed but no glass
- Maximum size of mount – 40cm x 30cm
- Minimum size of mount – 25cm x 18cm
- Minimum shortest edge of photo – 12.7cm (5in)
- The exposure of the image must have been taken on either 4th or 5th August 2018
- Each mount must have written on the back – Name of Entrant, Class & Title
Conditions of Entry
- All images licensed to 48 Hours in Kaikoura for advertising, display promotion, publication or other purposes in print, public displays, website, brochures or other uses to support 48 Hours in Kaikoura. A photo credit shall be granted for any such use.
- The judges reserve the right not to select & display all entries. All decisions made by judges are final.
- The competition classes A – D are open to amateur photographers only.
- Images must be received by 4:30pm, Thursday 23rd August 2018 at Kaikoura Museum.
- Although utmost care will be taken the organisers will not accept responsibility for damage incurred to entries & assume necessary permission to exhibit has been acquired.
- Photo entries will not be returned if not picked up by Sept 6th or not accompanied by courier tickets or postal stamps.
- Images may be selected for future projects such as the “48 Hours in Kaikoura” book. Digital image masters to be given with entries. All memory disks & sticks will be returned with photos.
Saturday 4th August & Sunday 5th August 2018
48 Hours Photo Shoot
4:30pm, Thursday 23rd August 2018
Last day to present photos to Kaikoura Museum for display and judging
Saturday 25th August 2018
Judging and Award Presentation at Kaikoura Museum Award presentation at 1pm
Spot prizes to be won!!!
Saturday 25th August to Sunday 1st September 2018
Photos displayed at Kaikoura Museum